Possibly a self-portait of 'The Man'
My issue: I have more than 1 journal I try to keep current:
- a daily journal/planner (Benjamin Franklin Virtues Journal)
- a work journal I inherited from a predecessor at work (she 'willed it to me' when she retired) for meetings at work, notes from work, etc.
- a newly purchased 'Commonplace Journal' (hard to explain, Google it) used for this blog
- a book used specifically for 'cursive entries' (for improving my handwriting)
- a little passport-sized journal that I use for 'jotting down stuff to remember' (also for this blog)
- a little black journal into which I rant stuff (that you don't want to know about (!))
- and a need to carry/store some regularly used fountain pens and miscellaneous commonly used tools
SO! I had been trying to figure out how to keep all this stuff 'in the right place' or, keep the various items where they were most often used ... which became difficult as the various journals and items often became needed at home (when they were at work) or at work (when they were at home).
I've fixed this issue by creating a 'Davinci kit,' named for 'The Man.'
The Davinci bag and journal from Innovative Journaling were expected to arrive the day before Christmas -- they arrived on 26 December due to the USPS bouncing the package back and forth between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg for a day or more ... but they got here.
I've 'packed out' my kit in its first iteration ... it's contents may be reduced or increased based on need as I begin to tote it to and from work as of 2 January ... so here's what's come together (mainly thanks to Arthur Scharf) so far:
Front view of Davinci bag as currently loaded.
Rear view of Davinci bag as currently loaded.
Davinci bag, unloaded. (from left, work journal for meetings, bookmark for Davinci journal, Davinci journal for website notes, Benjamin Franklin Virtues journal, journal used for keeping up with 'cursive practice,' $15 pouch from Innovative Journaling used to keep personal correspondence cards, envelopes, pens and stamps, "the black journal" (you don't wanna know), the $10 (or 'primer') journal,Innovative Journaling's 'vintage accessories/pen pouch (center) and vintage tool roll-up (bottom ... and empty; now holds multi-head screwdriver, knife, other tools).
Not pictured (but there's room, trust me!): Flask, 4 or 5 FPs (3 or 4 for use and 1 or 2 for giveaways/recruiting), ink pot, flashlight, knife, extra comb (!) ... and there's still room left over for an appropriate-sized thermos for which I am currently searching!
Updates re: useful incorporation into my everyday carry (EDC) to follow.